- Taking advantage of a taxi service from Malaga airport is the ideal option to reach this beautiful Spanish city located in the autonomous community of Andalusia. With its 567,000 inhabitants, Malaga is ranked sixth among the most populous cities in Spain. Also known as the capital of the Costa del Sol, Malaga is an important historical and cultural center as well as a renowned tourist destination, visited by lovers of the sea and art. In fact, the famous painter Pablo Picasso was born in this city on October 25th 1881, and Malaga has given him a huge tribute with the "Picasso Museum" full of his paintings.
- Alcazaba: an impressive defensive citadel erected during the Muslim domination. Near to the Alcazaba, we find the castle of Gibralfaro, which overlooks the city and offers the visitor a breathtaking view of the cathedral, bulls arena and harbour.
- Cathedral: known with the nickname "La Manquita", it is the main monument of the city. Various architectural styles coexist in it, since it took 250 years to build it.
- Plaza de Toros o "Malagueta": it was built in 1847 and is situated near the city's port.
- Finally, for lovers of the sea a visit to at least one of the wonderful beaches of Malaga, including El Palo and La Caleta, is obligatory.
- Malaga airport - Alcazaba: in order to reach this fortified citadel it is advisable to take the road named N-348; you will arrive at your destination in just 23 minutes (in absence of traffic).
- Malaga airport - Cathedral: it takes about 20 minutes to cover the 13 km that separate the airport and the historic center.
- Malaga airport - Playa de La Caleta: It takes about 25 minutes to get to this beautiful beach and enjoy some relax by the sea.
Moreover, this city can be visited all year round thanks to its subtropical Mediterranean climate and an average temperature of 18 degrees Celsius. Malaga is also a privileged place for golfing, thanks to the large number of fields.
What to see in Malaga
Among the most important things to see we point out the following:
Malaga - Costa del Sol is an international airport that is only 8 km from the city center and is the ideal arrival point for those who want to visit Torremolinos, which from a quiet village has become an international tourist destination.
Malaga Airport is connected to over 60 countries worldwide and boasts a passenger traffic of around 18 million people per year.
Among the services offered there are duty free shops, tourist information offices and a medical center. In addition, you can visit the Aviation Museum, which displays scale model aircraft and pilots' clothing.
Malaga airport is well connected not only with the city but also with the tourist attractions of the surroundings.
Specifically, the Linea A Express bus goes directly to the center of Malaga and runs every 20 minutes.
There is also a train that allows you to reach the city center from 6:45 am to 1 am.
Taxi services are also available at a fixed cost from Malaga - Costa del Sol Airport.
Distances between Malaga Airport and some points of interest
Approximate Taxi cost from Malaga airport
|Malaga Taxi||1-4 people||5-8 people|
|Malaga airport - Alcazaba||from 23€||from 35€|
|Malaga airport - Playa de La Caleta||from 26€||from 41€|
As for the Malagueña company that manages public transport, it is very efficient and includes buses and trains. The historic center, however, can be easily visited on foot given the short distance between the various points of interest.
Malaga's public transport company is called EMT and here is the official website.
Among the various ways to visit the city there is the urban bus, operating from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm; the subway which has two lines and public taxis that circulate 7 days a week at any time. Despite the convenience and availability of the latter, the downside consists of the rate table. In fact, while it is very useful for getting around the city center, it is not recommended for connections between the airport and the city, as drivers may choose longer itineraries, thus increasing the cost of the trip.
Taxileader.net service at Malaga Airport
If you want to enjoy fully a relaxing holiday rather than a stress-free business trip, the ideal solution is to travel to and from the airport with a private taxi to Malaga.
By filling out a simple booking form on our website, you will have the opportunity to be picked up at the airport, directly at the terminal exit, and be accompanied to your destination by a highly qualified driver with a regular license for this kind of services.
For children it is also possible to choose the car seat (free), to travel in complete safety.
Why choose Taxileader.net
The main advantage for those who choose to move to Malaga in this way is knowing in advance the exact amount of the transfer, avoiding unpleasant surprises upon arrival at the airport or pick-up at the hotel. Not to mention the fact that those travelling with children and various luggage in tow, avoids changing public transport, and instead arrives comfortably at their destination.
In addition, the means used for our transfers are all clean, punctual and cheap, which does not hurt!