In recent years Milan has become one of the most visited cities in Italy, to the envy of all other European capitals. To get to this cosmopolitan city, you will most likely land at Linate airport, very close to the city centre: using the Linate Taxi service at a fixed price, you can easily and without surprises reach any destination in the city and start your sightseeing tour.
Whatever your destination in the city, the private taxi will take you directly from the airport to there, with a flat rate that you will know at the time of booking and without worrying about schedules, delays, traffic and roads. Continue reading this article to get all the information about this convenient service offered by Taxileader.net and make the most of your trip to the Lombardy capital.
What to see in Milan
Among the best attractions offered by the capital of Milan are:
- The Duomo of Milan: It is the most important cathedral of the city and tourist destination par excellence with its unmistakable Gothic style.
- Sforzesco Castle: a real medieval jewel located in the city centre, with ditches, towers and numerous interactive exhibitions;
- La Scala Theatre: it is the temple of classical music and Italian ballet, here the most important artists of the world are showcased;
- The Last Supper: Leonardo Da Vinci's renowned work of art is located inside the convent of the Basilica of Santa Maria delle Grazie.
Milan Linate Airport
The airport is located within the area of the city of Milan, bordering the municipalities of Peschiera Borromeo and Segrate. It is the third airport in Lombardy for passenger traffic and, due to its proximity to the centre, is one of the most used to reach the city, although it has only one terminal and is small. The most important European airlines operate there, such as Lufthansa, Alitalia, Iberia, EasyJet, AirItaly and within this numerous services are available including shops, bars, restaurants, banks and exchange services.
Indicative taxi prices at Linate
|Linate Taxi||1-3 passengers||5-8 passengers|
|From Linate Airport to Sforzesco Castle||from 36.60€||from 16.25€|
|From Linate Airport to La Scala Theatre||from 38€||from 18€|
|From Linate Airport to The Last Supper||from 34€||from 15€|
Distances between Linate Airport and some points of interest.
Linate is not far from the main attractions of the city, as the airport itself is located within the metropolitan area, but this does not mean that other factors should be underestimated when planning your move, such as traffic conditions, the season or the day of the week. Here are some examples of distance and travel times:
- Linate – Duomo of Milán: 7 km through Forlanini highway - travel time approximately 20 minutes;
- Linate – Sforzesco Castle: 10 km via Forlanini highway - travel time approximately 30 minutes;
- Linate – San Siro Stadium: 30 km on the A4 motorway: travel time approx. 35 minutes;
- Linate – La Scala Theatre: 8 km through Forlanini highway - travel time approximately 22 minutes;
Transport in Milan
When you arrive in Linate, to reach Milan, you will have a lot of transport options: the ATM Urban Line 73 bus, the Airbus transport service and public and private taxis.
- Bus line 73 makes several intermediate stops until it reaches the terminal opposite the Duomo of Milan.
- The Airbus turns out to be faster than the previous one, as it only provides two intermediate stops before reaching the terminal at the Central Station.
- Of course, of all the means of transport mentioned above, only taxis allow you to make direct routes and thus save time. Milan public taxis are another means of transport that a tourist can use to get to the centre of Milan. They can be recognised by their white colour together with a sign on the roof, you will find them in the reserved points on the outside of the building, just in front of the parking lots. Although there are many cars available, their use is influenced by many factors: the time of day, the day of the week, passenger traffic conditions, city traffic. The use of public taxis can sometimes be considered the quickest and most convenient solution, but in reality, often involves long waiting times, as well as a high economic cost that depends on traffic conditions, the time of day and the day of the week. - The night or holiday rate is indeed very expensive.
- For all these reasons, we recommend that you choose the convenience and speed of an airport transfer in a private taxi at a fixed price, with more competitive and convenient prices calculated according to distances and not travel time.
Within the city you can move around comfortably with different means of public transport: metro, tram, bus, train. It is the most economical system: with different types of tickets: single journey, daily, weekly, monthly, 10 journeys, you can travel in any vehicle of the city: ATM (Azienda Trasporti Milanesi) Milanese Transport company in Italian. The vehicles travel almost the whole day, with alternative replacement routes during the night. The metro is fast and frequent at all times and its 4 lines cover almost the entire area of the city, while moving with trams and buses can be much slower, especially at peak times.
Car use in the city is complicated due to traffic, the numerous restricted traffic areas and the few parking spots, while it is easier to move out of the city centre: the city has three ring roads - north, west and east - that form a ring around, making it easier to reach the points of interest more on the periphery.
Taxileader.net service from Linate Airport
Taxileader.net offers you the possibility to reach any destination in the centre of Milan and its surroundings at a fixed price, unlike public taxis in the city that use the normal taximeter. With this service, you can organise your trip more peacefully because you will know the price of the trip in advance, without having to watch the meter. The driver will travel on the fastest route and you will not have to worry about timetables and delays, all with total security, with super competitive prices and traveling in very comfortable vehicles. At the time of booking, you will provide the address of your destination and the driver who will pick you up at the airport will take you there directly, without waiting times and unpleasant surprises on arrival. And if your flight is delayed, you don't have to think: the driver will wait for you at the airport and you won't have to pay any extra.
Why choose Taxileader.net
These are some of the many benefits of the service:
Personalised service with online booking 24 hours a day;
Secure and guaranteed payment;
Transportation by licensed drivers;
Reception directly at the airport with a sign;
No surcharge is required in case of flight delay;
Price locked at time of booking;
Possibility of choosing the vehicle that best suits your needs and the number of passengers;
Modern and comfortable vehicles;
Free confirmation SMS;
Book a taxi at Linate
To book the Linate Taxi service you only need a few steps: complete the form on this page by entering your destination, your flight details, then choose the car that best suits your needs and the system will automatically calculate the exact price of the route, avoiding such unpleasant surprises on arrival.
Taxileader.net allows you to save time and money and enjoy your trip to Milan without stress. Don't hesitate to book and forget all your worries!