To enjoy fully an unforgettable holiday, the best solution is to book a taxi service from Valencia Airport.The wonderful city of Valencia, which is situated on Spain’s east coast, overlooks the Mediterranean Sea and is the third largest city in Spain by population after the capital, Madrid, and the capital of Catalonia, Barcelona. Its geographical location is quite strategic in that it is equidistant from both Barcelona and Madrid at around 350 kilometres from either city.
Valencia’s port is one of the largest and most important in Europe and is also a port of call for some of the large cruise ships from which some 400,000 passengers disembark every year. Although previously a somewhat niche area for tourists, since the America’s Cup was held in the sea around Valencia in 2007, the city’s popularity exploded and today it is a popular destination for thousands of tourists annually.
What to see in Valencia
Occupied by the Romans, the Visigoths and the Arabs, the capital city of the region of Valencia still bears traces of the various cultures that have passed through the city walls over the course of several centuries. That being said, Valencia is one of the few cities in the world where both the historic city centre and the more modern parts of the city are extremely interesting and that’s without forgetting the fantastic golden sandy beaches. In fact, anyone who is visiting this unique Spanish city will be spoiled for choice when it comes down to deciding what to do and the wide variety of interesting places to visit.
Amongst the most important attractions, we would highlight:
- La Lonja de la Seda, (the Silk Exchange), since it was built in the early 16th century, has been the focal point of commercial activity in the city and was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996. Today it is home to the Cultural Academy of Valencia.
- The City of Arts and Sciences is the largest cultural complex in Europe and is the work of the Valencian architect, Santiago Calatrava. It houses various very famous buildings such as the l’Hemisferic (a huge cinema and planetarium), the Science Museum, the Palace of Arts and L’Oceanografic which is the largest aquarium in Europe.
- The Cathedral, which is a religious symbol of the city. It was built upon the ruins of an Arab mosque which was demolished at the time of the “Reconquista” (the end of Muslim power). Next to the cathedral is its bell tower which is known as The Micalet Tower that you can climb (with its 207 steps) to enjoy stunning views of the city.
Valencia’s international airport which is also known as Manises (VLC) is situated in the area of the same name about 9 kilometres from the centre of the city. It is the eighth busiest airport in Spain according to passenger numbers. It has just one terminal and 2 runways.
The Valencian airport is the hub of Iberia and Vueling, the largest Spanish low-cost airline.
Inside the airport, you can find a number of "facilities", such as unlimited wifi, various bars, restaurants and shops to shop while waiting for your flight.
Indicative Costs for a Taxi from Valencia Airport to the city
|From Valencia Airport to the City Centre
|From Valencia Airport to Porto Valencia
Distance and journey times from Valencia Airport to the city
- Valencia Airport – The City of Arts and Sciences: the distance in order to reach this fantastic place is about 18 kilometres and takes around 20 minutes on the V-30 motorway;
- Valencia Airport – The Cathedral: just 10 kilometres separate these two locations and the journey takes about 22 minutes.
- Valencia Airport - Lonja de la Seda: he distance between the two points of interest is only 10 km, for which it takes about 20 minutes, via the highway A-3 and Avenida del Cid.
Valencia is a relatively small city. For visitors who are just staying a few days, it is easy and convenient to move around the city via public transport. Specifically, it is recommended that you purchase a Valencia Tourist Card which will enable you to use whichever means of transport you prefer and also offers discounts at some of the museums, shops and restaurants.
For those who decide to travel around the city only by bus, you can use the EMT company’s bus service whose routes and timetables can be viewed on their official website. In any event, the cost of a single fare is € 1.50.
In order to see more of this beautiful city, you can also choose to travel on the tourist bus which will enable you to see the city’s main attractions without the encumbrance of worrying about maps and tourist guides.
Taxileader.net service at Valencia Airport
For those visitors arriving by aeroplane who wish to enjoy their holiday to this beautiful part of Spain without having to worry about anything, the best solution is undoubtedly to book a private taxi to and from Valencia Airport. In order to arrange a private transfer, all that is required is to complete our booking form from which you will know in advance the amount that will be payable to the driver and the amount that is payable in advance of your journey. The driver will await his passengers inside the airport building with a sign showing the name which was provided on the booking form.
The driver will obviously await the passengers whilst they collect their luggage or in the event of a flight delay bearing in mind that you would just need to follow the instructions which we provide in the email confirmation of your transfer. This means you can avoid the long queues for a public taxi because we are talking about a personalised service. For those who are travelling with children, it is also possible to request a child’s seat on the booking form and this is included in the price. In addition to the above, those clients who are picked up at the airport will be taken directly to their exact destination, thus avoiding the inconveniences of public transport which is particularly advantageous if you are travelling with heavy luggage. The same applies for clients who have booked a pick-up from their accommodation and want to ensure that they arrive at the airport in time for their return flight.
Why you should choose Taxileader.net
We can assure you that opting for a private transfer with Taxileader.net has several advantages, one of which is the fact that you won’t be travelling with strangers, just the people with whom you are making the trip.
An additional point in our favour is the fact that all our drivers work for established private transfer companies, are in possession of valid licences and insurance. Taxileader.net, as its name indicates, is one of the leading companies in the private transfer sector which provides a personalised service as well as professional assistance from the time of booking right through to the transfer itself thanks to our multi-lingual and experienced customer service team.
To summarise, ensure complete peace of mind and convenience for your holiday or business trip by entrusting a private transfer to Taxileader.net!