For all those who have booked a holiday or a business trip in the "eternal city", airport transfers fast and without waiting are certainly priorities. The best choice in this case is to book a private Taxi service from Rome airport. In fact, the Italian capital is undoubtedly one of the most visited places in the world. Every day of the year there is a coming and going of tourists arriving from the other side of the world to visit the beauties of this timeless city and if you do not book in advance a taxi you can risk losing a lot of precious time inside the airport.
Rome is inhabited by about 2,700,000 people, making it the most populous municipality in Italy. The legend tells that this beautiful city was founded on April 21, 753 BC .; since then, it has always been considered the cradle of Western civilization, as well as the center of one of the greatest empires in the history of mankind. Moreover, Rome contains within its borders the Vatican State, the heart of Christianity and the seat of the Catholic papacy.
Today Rome is a lively metropolis, combining the shops of the most famous griffes with the monumental remains of its past. The list of places to visit is endless. It is therefore advisable to wear comfortable shoes and start a fantastic tour that includes museums, basilicas, monuments, archaeological remains, fountains, squares and so on.
What to see in Rome
- Coliseum: unmistakable symbol of the city, in ancient Rome it was the scene of fierce struggles between gladiators and lions.
- Via Veneto and Via Condotti: an unmissable stop for the most fashionable people, thanks to the luxury and high fashion shops found there.
- Saint Peter's Basilica: place symbol of Christianity. Its dome designed by Michelangelo is visible from most of the capital.
- Piazza di Spagna: together with its splendid staircase it has often been used for films and fashion shows.
There are 4 airports in Rome. One is Pratica di Mare, exclusively for military use. Another one is the so-called airport of Rome, located 6 km from the city, even not for tourists. The busiest are: Giovan Battista Pastine International Airport, in the Ciampino area, and finally the large Leonardo da Vinci airport, better known as Fiumicino. The latter is the first national aircraft for passenger flights, and still one of the most important in the world.
The Fiumicino airport is situated about 30 km west from the historic center of the Italian capital and has 3 terminals, for domestic, international and intercontinental flights.
The services offered include luggage storage, info point where you can use fax and photocopying machines, desk for the immediate release of identity cards, smoking rooms. Also, in this airport a free service is available to have a speaking personal shopper in various languages, even in Chinese.
Approximate Taxi cost from Rome airport
|Rome Taxi||1-5 people||6-8 people|
|Fiumicino Airport - Roma centre||from 41€||from 56€|
|Ciampino Airport - Rome centre||from 40€||from 55€|
Distances between Rome Airport and some points of interest
- Ciampino Airport - Coliseum: the distance between these two places is 15 km, for which it takes 45 minutes (without traffic).
- Ciampino Airport - Piazza di Spagna: to enjoy the atmosphere of the "Dolce Vita", just take the E80 road, which will take you in about 40 minutes.
- Ciampino Airport - Via Condotti: the fastest route allows you to arrive in 50 minutes covering a distance of 30 km.
- Fiumicino Airport - Coliseum: to reach the Flavian Amphitheater, it takes 40 minutes by the motorway A91.
- Fiumicino Airport- Piazza di Spagna: the distance between the most important airport of Rome and one of the most visited attractions is 32 km, to cover which it takes 45 minutes.
- Fiumicino Airport - Via Condotti: there are about 31 km separating these two places.
Despite the problems the capital suffers today, its public transport network runs quite widely. However, in Rome, the means of transport can not be considered as efficient as in the rest of Europe.
Anyway, in Rome there are about 42 km of underground network with two lines; eight railways operated by Trenitalia, the network of city buses, trams and trolleybuses managed largely by the ATAC Company. There is also a train called "Leonardo Express", which manages the connections between Fiumicino airport and Termini station. At last, let's not forget the famous "tassinari", the picturesque Roman taxi drivers. It will certainly not be a problem to "catch on the fly" one of these vehicles, even if you do not know the rate to pay before getting on it.
For those wishing to have a complete overview of the Roman public transport and schedules of the same, you can visit the official website.
Taxileader.net service at Rome Airports
By using a private taxi service in Rome, it is possible to know the exact rate of your transfer when filling out a simple form on our site. After that, you just have to wait for the confirmation email that will arrive 48 hours before the transfer together with an emergency number that will allow you to communicate with the driver for any eventuality.
The advantage is double: you save time, thus avoiding taking several vehicles and dragging your luggage, and you also save money, because, although not a shared taxi, you can share the total cost with other passengers included in the reservation.
The driver will wait for visitors at the exit of their terminal, holding a sign with the name specified in the reservation.
For those travelling with children, there is the opportunity to have free seats for any age.
Why choose Taxileader.net
Taxileader.net offers a private transfer service from all Rome airports. Our drivers are all qualified and in possession of a regular license for this kind of transport.
Moreover, with all the tourist attractions existing in the capital, the last thing you want is to stress yourself with changes in public transportation or worse with a car rental that would make your stay a real hell!
If you are looking for comfort and an excellent quality - price ratio, the best option remains the private Taxi service at the airport.
For any problem, please note that a telephone assistance service in three languages is available to customers, ready to give support in case of doubts, questions or troubles.