Luton Airport Taxi
Transfers to and from Luton Airport
Over the centuries, the City of London has experienced tremendous growth in size and population and has become increasingly popular as a tourist destination for millions of tourists every year. If you arrive in the English capital at Luton Airport, you should consider booking your transfer to the city in advance with our private Taxi service at Luton. This means you'll be greeted inside the airport terminal and will be able to reach the city's main attractions quickly, easily and in comfort. And, most important of all, you won't have to worry about the cost as all our transfers are governed by a fixed rate which has been calculated prior to your trip.
London currently has 32 different boroughs, each of which is distinctive in its own right. However, the borough of Westminster is where the majority of the most important sights are located such as Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, the National Gallery and Tate Modern. While you're in London, make sure you don't miss out on the spectacular changing of the guard which takes place at Buckingham Palace and, don't forget to try some world-famous English tea!
What to see in London
Amongst the many attractions in the capital, these are some of the ones that are an absolute "must see."
- Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament: this majestic building is home to the UK Parliament and has more than 1,200 rooms. The building is dominated by the world-famous clock tower, Big Ben.
- Tower Bridge: is the most famous drawbridge in the world and connects the area of Southwark on the south side of the River Thames with the Tower of London on the north side. There is also a glass walkway which connects the two towers that soar over the River Thames.
- Buckingham Palace: is the London residence of Her Majesty the Queen of England and was built in 1703 at the behest of the Duke of Buckingham. The palace has more than 700 rooms and boasts more than 20 hectares of spectacular gardens.
Luton Airport is one of the six airports which serve the English capital and is located in the town of Luton, which is about 55 km from London. The journey time by car takes a little over an hour from the centre and around 40 minutes from Stansted Airport, which is to the east. Luton Airport is used particularly by airlines such as EasyJet and Wizz Air, with annual passenger traffic in excess of 10 million, and serves both national and international flights. As a result of continued expansion and new projects, it is predicted that the airport will serve more than 30 million passengers annually in the future. The airport is well connected to the city centre as both buses and trains enable visitors to reach the city's principal attractions quite easily, and it is also not far from the city of Cambridge, home to one of the world's greatest universities.
Average Taxi prices from London Luton Airport
|Airport Taxi LTN - London
|From Luton to Big Ben (variable)
|From Luton to Buckingham P. (variable)
Distances from Luton Airport to various places of interest
Luton Airport is situated about sixty kilometres from the centre of the capital and, precisely due to the distance, it is important to give careful thought to your airport transfers. If you prefer to reach the city via taxi, bear in mind that the public taxis calculate their fares based on a taximeter, which means that the costs can vary depending on the traffic and time of day. Using a taxi from Luton at a fixed rate will mean that the pricing is locked in at the time of making your booking and, therefore, the cost will not depend on external factors such as traffic or road works.
Here are some examples of the distances and travel times to the city's main attractions:
- From Luton Airport to Big Ben: a distance of 57 km with a travel time of around 1 hour and 10 minutes with a private vehicle;
- From Luton Airport to Tower Bridge: a distance of 62 km with a travel time of approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes with a private vehicle;
- From Luton Airport to Buckingham Palace: a distance of 57 km with a travel time of around 1 hour and 10 minutes with a private vehicle;
Transport in London
The following options are available for reaching the centre of London from Luton Airport:
- Train: with a ticket costing around £20.00, you can get to either Blackfriars or St. Pancras railway stations. The journey time is around 40 minutes, but you will need to add a further 10 minutes for the airport bus to reach the station from the airport terminal;
- Bus: this service if provided by National Express and a ticket costs £12.00 for the journey that will take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to Victoria Station;
- Public Taxis: outside the terminal, you'll be able to find public taxis whose rates will vary depending on the traffic and the time of day; with average traffic, the fare works out at around £70.00 to £100.00;
- Taxi Service to London (private transfer): the prices start from xx Euros per person for a 4 seater vehicle. With this service, you won't have any waiting time at the airport, and you won't have to try and find a taxi when you exit the terminal. You can book this service for any time of the day or night. In fact, this service is available 24 hours a day, but you will need to book it at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled pick-up time. The fare will be locked in from the time of making your booking and is therefore, obviously, not subject to the fluctuations of a taximeter.
Our advice, once you've arrived in the city, is to use the efficient London transport network. The Metro is the largest in Europe and consists of 12 Lines and 274 stations which will enable you to get pretty much anywhere in the city, In addition to this, in order to reach the areas which are on the outskirts of the city, you can make use of the comprehensive network of buses, those famous double-decker vehicles in their famous red colour, which cover 700 different routes.
You can access public transport from early in the morning, (from 04:00 for the buses and from 05:00 for the underground) until around midnight and the service is extended at the weekends, on public holidays and for special events. The main attractions are centred in Zone 1 where a single ticket will cost £4.90 for the Underground and £1.50 for the buses. If you want to travel to other areas, you should bear in mind that the tickets may cost more.
How does the Private Taxi service from Luton work?
Enjoying the City of London to the maximum also requires some thought as to the best way to travel from the airport to the city centre itself. By booking your private Taxi transfer from Luton at least 24 hours in advance, you won't have to worry about anything as your driver will deliver you directly to where you're staying or whatever address you choose via the fastest route and at a competitive rate that's been locked in at the time of booking. The cost of your transfer won't depend on the traffic conditions or any extra supplements, it is just based on the distance that has been calculated in advance.
You will be able to enjoy the comfort of a private taxi that won't be shared with other passengers and a driver who will be waiting for you in the Arrivals Hall carrying a sign with your name on it: you won't need to search for your driver, as he'll be waiting for you! In the event that your flight is delayed, you will need to contact the emergency number that you'll find on your email confirmation of the booking, and you won't need to pay any additional supplements as a result of the delay.
If you don't speak good English, don't worry! Your driver will already know the address of your destination because you will already have provided that at the time of making your booking. Furthermore, with the option of paying for your journey in advance when making your reservation, you can arrive in London stress-free as you won't need to worry about exchanging currencies.
For any additional needs, our multilingual Customer Service Team is at your disposal to provide any further assistance you may require or more information about the service we provide.
How to book
In just a few clicks, by entering your details on the simple booking form you can find on this page: exact arrival and departure times and dates of your flights, the number of passengers, the number of bags and the address of your end destination. Within a few seconds, you'll receive an estimated price for your journey, which will be fixed once you complete your booking.
You'll just need to pay a small deposit or, if you prefer, you can pay the full amount by credit card, a prepayment card or by bank transfer. Once the transaction has been completed, you will receive an email confirming the payment and shortly thereafter, you'll receive a second email confirming your reservation with a summary of all your details and an emergency telephone you can contact in case of need. Then all you have to do is look forward to enjoying your trip and admiring the wonders of London: zero stress, zero worries!
Luton Airport is about 60 km from the centre of London, and the journey time in a private vehicle takes around an hour.
You won't incur any additional charges, but you will need to send an SMS message to the emergency number provided in order to advise the driver of the delay.
No. From the time that the booking is made, the price is locked in, so you won't have any nasty surprises when you arrive at your destination.
The driver will be waiting for you right in the Arrivals Hall, holding a card with your name on it. It will be very easy to find him.