Undoubtedly, anyone who hasn't yet been to London must dream of doing so at some point in the future: the British capital is one of the most fascinating destinations in the world, full of histotry, culture and a temple for music and fashion. In all likelihood, you will be travelling to the city by air. You should give careful consideration to airport transfers when planning your trip and with one of our Taxis from Stansted, you'll be able to reach your accommodation quickly, easily and in comfort!
In this article, you'll find all the useful information you'll need about the airport and useful comparisons of the different means of transport options you can use in order to reach the capital, as well as all the details you'll need about the Taxi service at Stansted.
The service is provided by regular licensed, professional drivers with years of experience. This service shouldn't be confused with the shared shuttle service as, by booking a taxi on this page, you will be making a reservation for a vehicle that is for your exclusive use or for the use of the group that has made the booking. If the flight is delayed, you will be able to reach your driver via the emergency number that will have been provided when you made your booking and you won't be charged any additional fees as a result of the flight's delay. Our multi-lingual Customer Service Team will be ready to provide you with any assistance you may require and will be happy to help with any questions or queries you may have regarding your booking.
Some of the benefits of using the Taxi service at Stansted
- You can book in advance online and choose the time at which you want to be picked up; the service is available 24 hours a day;
- You will pay only a small deposit in advance and the rest will be paid in cash to the driver (if this option is available);
- You will benefit from a fixed cost with a rate that's based on distance as opposed to travel time;
- You will be picked up at the place of your choice, whether that is the airport or the accommodation where you're staying and will be driven directly to your chosen address;
- The duration of the journey with a private, direct Taxi, is around one hour and fifteen minutes;
- You can choose to pay by credit card, PayPal or by bank transfer.
London Stansted Airport
London Stansted Airport is about 50 km from the city centre and is located in the county of Essex. It is the airport most commonly used by budget airlines such as Ryanair and is the third largest of the London airports when it comes to passenger traffic, after Heathrow and Gatwick. The airport was originally built as an air base during the second World War and played an important role during the Normandy landings. It only has one terminal and is connected to the capital by both bus and train. There is a variety of passenger services available at the ariport such as bars, restaurants, luggage storage and currency exchanges. ’
From Stansted Airport to London by private taxi
If you are scheduled to arrive during peak times or at night, you really can't afford not to take advantage of the convenience of using a fixed price taxi for your airport transfer. Your driver will collect you right in the Arrivals Hall and will be carrying a sign with your name on it for easy identification. You will then be driven directly to your accommodation or vice versa. You will benefit from a fixed rate from the time of making your booking which, therefore, will not depend on the traffic conditions, the time of day or if it is a Public Holiday. You won't have to pay any supplements for your luggage or if your flight is delayed! You'll be able to avoid all the hassles of travelling with public transport which have much longer journey times than a private taxi service. You also won't need to worry if you don't speak good English as your driver will have been provided with all the details of your booking in advance.
Comparison of the different modes of transport
There are several options for getting to Stansted Airport via public or private means of transport:
- By Train: Tickets cost £16.00 and the travel time is approximately 1 hour to Liverpool Street. The trains depart approximately every 30 minutes;
- By Bus: Shuttle buses run to both Victoria and Liverpool Street Stations with a journey time of approximately 120 mintues with tickets starting from £8.00;
- Public Taxis: London's famous black cabs can take you directly to your destination but a taxi ride starts at around £50.00 each way and is metred, so the final price will depend a lot on the traffic conditions, the final destination address and will also be subject to additional charges at night or on Public Holidays;
- The London Taxi Service (a private transfer): the fares start from €65.00 and you won't have to wait around at the airport, there will be no need to try and find a taxi when you exit the terminal and the journey can be booked 24 hours a day with a fixed rate that is locked in at the time of making your booking as opposed to being reliant on a taximeter.
How to make a booking
One of the many advantages of using the fixed price taxi service is how easy it is to make a reservation: all you need to do is to fill out the form you can find on this page and you'll be able to complete your booking in a matter of minutes to reserve your vehicle. Just enter your flight details, the address of your end destination, the date and time of your arrival or departure and the system will automatically calculate the price. This will then be locked in once the booking is complete. You can either pay a small deposit, (if that option is available), or the entire amount by bank transfer, credit card or one of the other payment options shown on the web page. Once the booking is complete, you'll receive an email recapping the details of the service you have booked and a few hours later, you will receive a second email with the final confirmation of your booking.