Verona is undoubtedly one of the most romantic cities in Italy and it is not by chance that Shakespeare decided to set the tragic love story between Romeo and Juliet here. Many couples decide to spend a tender weekend in the city, taking a walk through the beautiful alleys and stopping just under the balcony where Juliet is said to have lived. To avoid any kind of wait on your arrival and to be able to immediately enjoy this fascinating city, we advise you to book a Verona Airport Taxi. By taking advantage of this service you will soon be in the middle of your holiday and visit the attractions that the Venetian city has to offer, such as the Arena, Piazza delle Erbe or Piazza Brà.
The city, which stands along the Adige River, among its unmissable attractions, also has a number of bridges built right over the river, making it even more charming. Around them you can find many typical shops, taverns and restaurants where you can taste polenta, gnocchi, risotto and the famous local Venetian wines. Visiting the city is possible at any time of the year. With museums, shops, historical and local buildings, it is the ideal destination for a holiday with a partner, with friends or with the family.
What to see in Verona
Among the places of interest in the city, the following are really not to be missed:
- Arena di Verona: Roman amphitheatre, symbol of the city, built in the first century BC, is home to several shows and concerts by international artists and an open-air lyrical theatre;
- Piazza delle Erbe: Here you can find the Palazzo del Comune, the Casa dei Giudici, the Casa dei Mercanti, all historical medieval buildings, and the fountain of the Madonna Verona;
- Casa de Julieta: This is the house where the protagonist of the romantic play is said to have lived, and you can visit the interior next to the famous balcony, as well as the statue of Juliet in the garden;
- Piazza Brà: One of the largest squares in Europe with historic buildings such as Palazzo della Gran Guardia, Palazzo Barbieri and the Arena itself.
Dedicated to the Latin poet Valerio Catullo, it was primarily built as a military airport and only in the 1960s was it transformed into a civilian airport, with a single terminal for departures and one for arrivals. It offers connections to the most important European cities and also some international stops. Here some of the most renowned airlines operate, such as Ryanair, Volotea, Wizz Air, Alitalia, Blue Panorama and many more.
Inside the airport there are both commercial areas and restaurant areas with several brands, cafeterias, fast food, supermarkets, pharmacies and duty free shops.
Indicative taxi prices from Verona Airport
|Taxi in Verona||1-3 passengers||4-7 passengers|
|From Verona Airport to the Arena||from 41€||from 59€|
|From Verona Airport to Piazza Brà||from 41.50€||from 59.50€|
|From Verona Airport to Juliet's house||from 42€||from 60€|
|From Verona Airport to Piazza delle Erbe||from 42.50€||from 60.50€|
Distances from Verona Airport to points of interest
Catullo Airport is located on the outskirts of the city area, in the Caselle area very close to the highway entrance. It is not far from the main attractions of the city but getting there can depend on many factors such as traffic on the road, timetables or the station. In fact, travelling during rush hours or during a holiday can increase the travel times a lot, especially if you travel with public means, also the price of the service can increase if you travel especially with a public taxi.
Here are some examples of distances and travel times:
- Distance between Verona Airport and La Arena: 12 km – journey time about 20 minutes;
- Distance between Verona Airport and Piazza delle Erbe: 14 km – journey time about 25 minutes;
- Distance between Verona Airport and Juliet's house: 14 km – journey time about 25 minutes;
- Distance between Verona Airport and Piazza Brà: 13 km – journey time about 20 minutes;
Transport in Verona
The city is really very small, and all the attractions are just a few steps away from each other, so you can move around easily on foot during your visit. In case you want to reach places outside the historical centre, bus networks managed by the Azienda Trasporti Verona or Verona transport company in English. You can buy various types of urban tickets such as single, daily, three-day or ten-trip card and decide whether to buy the ticket at the office or directly from the driver which comes with a small surcharge. Special routes are also programmed for schools or tourist lines. If, instead, you are looking for more information about the means of transport from the Airport to Verona, you should consider the following three options:
- Public Taxi: being white in colour, you will find them just at the exit of the arrival’s terminal. They are managed by different companies, but all offer variable rates based on traffic and time of day. In fact, you should expect surcharges, often high, if you travel at night or during holidays. Also bear in mind that you can wait for a vehicle for a long time before you can get to the city, because even though it is small as a city, it is very touristy and has a high level of passenger traffic;
- The Bus: connects the airport to Verona Porta Nuova station in almost fifteen minutes with frequent trips every twenty minutes from five in the morning until almost eleven at night. It therefore does not travel at night and the buses are often very full. Moreover, from the station you must reach the centre on foot;
- Private taxi: the taxi service in Verona that can be booked on this page is the only one among the offered means that allows you to arrive comfortably to your place of accommodation or any other destination at a fixed price and to be received directly inside the airport. We therefore advise you to use a private taxi service in order to optimise the time and costs during your holiday;
Taxileader.net service in Verona
Taxileader.net is a service that has been operating for years in the sector, with excellent references for booking transfers to and from airports in many European and non-European countries, including Verona. Experienced and professional drivers will wait for you at the airport with a sign with your name on it. You will not have to wait for the vehicle because it will be the driver waiting for you. He will take you to the address you have chosen, your accommodation or place of interest, which you will indicate at the time of booking, so that you will have no misunderstandings on your arrival. The rate is locked from the moment you book and therefore will not be conditioned by traffic or schedule. Our vehicles do not have a meter, the price is fixed and you will not have any surprise about the price of the transfer.
You can choose the vehicle that best suits your needs, indicating at the time of booking if you have any particular requirements; all our cars are new and comfortable, suitable also for larger groups of passengers.
For any requirement our customer service is active in several languages from Monday to Sunday, from 8 am to 5 pm (GMT), while online reservations are accepted 24 hours a day.
How to book a taxi in Verona
Booking the taxi service is easy and straightforward. Inside this page you will find a form to be filled in with the necessary information to meet your needs. You will be asked for the destination address, the flight details, the car you prefer among those we propose, and you will also be able to choose additional services such as child seat in the car. We remind you that the child seat is not compulsory in taxis, but it is also offered to ensure that families travel in maximum safety and comfort with their children.
Once you have completed this information the system will automatically calculate the exact value of the service and you will be able to complete the reservation by making a deposit payment or if you prefer full payment in advance, all based on your preferences. The Verona Taxi service will allow you to save valuable time and money on your transfer to Verona!
- How far is the airport from the city centre? The airport is about 25 km from the centre, with 25 minutes of time spent in a private vehicle.
- What happens if my flight is delayed? You will not have to pay any extra, but it will be necessary to send an SMS to inform the driver of the delay.
- What kind of car will I have available? When you make your reservation, you can choose from the cars offered, the one closest to your needs, such as the amount of luggage or the presence of a car seat.
- How can I communicate my address to the driver? When you make a reservation, by completing the corresponding form, you will already be entering your address; when he picks you up, the driver will already know this information.