- Taking advantage of a taxi service from Malaga airport is the ideal option to reach this beautiful Spanish city located in the autonomous community of Andalusia. With its 567,000 inhabitants, Malaga is ranked sixth among the most populous cities in Spain. Also known as the capital of the Costa del Sol, Malaga is an important historical and cultural center as well as a renowned tourist destination, visited by lovers of the sea and art. In fact, the famous painter Pablo Picasso was born in this city on October 25th 1881, and Malaga has given him a huge tribute with the "Picasso Museum" full of his paintings.
Moreover, this city can be visited all year round thanks to its subtropical Mediterranean climate and an average temperature of 18 degrees Celsius. Malaga is also a privileged place for golfing, thanks to the large number of fields.
What to see in Malaga
Among the most important things to see we point out the following:
- Alcazaba: an impressive defensive citadel erected during the Muslim domination. Near to the Alcazaba, we find the castle of Gibralfaro, which overlooks the city and offers the visitor a breathtaking view of the cathedral, bulls arena and harbour.
- Cathedral: known with the nickname "La Manquita", it is the main monument of the city. Various architectural styles coexist in it, since it took 250 years to build it.
- Plaza de Toros o "Malagueta": it was built in 1847 and is situated near the city's port.
- Finally, for lovers of the sea a visit to at least one of the wonderful beaches of Malaga, including El Palo and La Caleta, is obligatory.